With 15+ years of experience in mechanical engineering, robotics, software engineering and full stack web development. I have a proven track record of success as a versatile and creative problem-solver who can deliver innovative digital solutions for various industries and domains. I have multiple certifications in mechanical engineering, software development, robotics engineering and embedded electronics.
Currently, I am a Freelance Software Engineer at my company Blackrock Design Haus, where I design, develop and maintain web applications using some of the latest technologies including: NextJS, React, CSSModules, Tailwind, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and AWS just to name a few.
I enjoy meeting and collaborating with new people who also love to design and implement user-friendly and functional interfaces, systems and devices that meet or exceed the needs and expectations of our clients.
My goal is to continue learning and pushing the boundaries of software engineering and development.Whether it be on the world wide web, in a financial institution, blockchain research, manufacturing or even Ai.
Software engineering is a passion of mine, and I look forward to contributing to the advancement, innovation and accessibility of the modern digital world.
OCT 2006 - FEB 2018
- Coded custom SQL queries/views/detailed cost reports using Crystal in conjunction with Infor VISUAL Manufacturing CRM SQL Server database to produce stunning, live data cost reports for the CEO of the company.
- Developed custom VB applications to allow the Engineering department to interface with SolidWorks 3D CAD design software. The program opens a new window within the SolidWorks application. This window has multiple sliders and input boxes that allow live control of model constraints. This was accomplished by using SolidWorks built-in API.
- Worked with a local studio to design/produce a WordPress website: nyemfg.ca. Utilized open source program Blender and Adobe Creative suite (PS, Ai, id) to accomplish this.
- Custom programming of Siemens Micromaster VFD AC drive controllers to regulate the HVAC system in a large welding shop. Features a custom user interface. This upgrade resulted in a 20% increase in air quality during periods of heavy welding.
- Successful application and receipt of a $50,000 grant towards the training of the Engineering department, via the Yves Landry Foundation.
MAR 2018 - FEB 2022
- Created custom AutoCAD LISP routines to take CAD drawings from Autodesk Inventor and convert them to native AutoCAD 2000 file type. The layers, line divors, type, and weights were adjusted while conforming to the companys standards which were precise and pre-determined by years of experience.
- These LISP routines have helped to save the engineering department hours of extra work that was spent doing this by hand when the routines achieve a better result in seconds.
- Participated in several successful Research and Development projects including Pilot1000 Stretch Wrapper, Automatic Film Cut Mechanism, and Rover Mobile Battery Powered Stretch Wrapper.
- Managed Robotic Weld Cell creation thru installation created a marked improvement in factory throughput. Designed and commissioned dozens of custom weld fixtures for every major product line.
- Oversaw administration of Autodesk Inventor Vault containing upwards of 50,000 individual parts, assemblies, and drawings. Mentoring employees in current best practices for the team environment.
- Created Autodesk Inventor to DWG export system using LISP routines which export and then reduce/rename the Autocad DWG layers to match Cousins Engineering Standards.
SEPT 2022 - CURRENT
- Develop and maintain web applications using React, TypeScript, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS and Google Cloud.
- Develop cloud-based industrial WiFi IOT sensors using ESP8266, ESP32 microcontrollers running modified C++ software. Utilize MQTT data transmission protodiv (PUB/SUB).
- Develop Touchscreen HMI UI/UX to support customers requirements, combining previous skills in electromechanical engineering with my latest skillset in web development and programming.
- Develop Machine learning and Machine vision algorithms to support future projects in robotics and self-driving vehicles.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code. Red-to-green testing is not nice to have, its a requirement.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends by participating in online code reviews. Or contributing to the development of best practices and coding standards in the industry by attending in-person events.
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Enjoy volunteering in the community through open-source programming projects, most recently on two projects for Hacktoberfest 2023.
- Provide professional robotics and automation engineering design, stress calculations, manufacturing tolerances, drafting services and engineering drawings.
- Familiar with containerizing applications for shipping using Docker in combination with Kubernetes.